As we continue to journey through our Beth Moore study at church I have become more and more introspective. It had been quite some time since I took a true look at who I am and I want to be and today it just seemed to fit.
1. I am a child of God.
- I gave my life to Christ when I was five, rededicated myself to His work at 13 and remained basically stagnant until Grace was born at 26wks. Nothing makes you lean on God like seeing your child in danger.
- Buck and I have been married for eight years in June and are blessed with two girlies, Grace 6 and Ansley 3. Are we done? I don't know but thanks for asking
- I teach at the small private academy that Grace attends. I was in a private school from K-3 and truly feel it gave me the foundation in faith that has allowed me to weather the storms of life. So to say I am thrilled to be able to help others...HUGE understatement.
4. I am a daughter and a sister.
- Our family is extremely close knit and not a day goes by that I am not thankful for how that has shaped me as an individual.
5. I am a perfectionist.
- This has it's ups and downs and I feel like I am finally starting to be able to let some things go. Just some though so don't get any ideas.
6. I am procrastinator.
- This is especially difficult taking into account #5. I really want to be one of those people that makes lists and actually checks items off. I make them...that counts for something right?
7. I am a runner.
- Not a great one mind you but I still run. There is something so releasing about tying your shoes, putting your headphones in, and just running. I have determined it's quality time with me so it MUST happen. Have any suggestions for the play list? Help a sister out because after about four runs the same music gets tired.
8. I am fiercely independent.
- This is a strength and a weakness in my book. Asking for help just doesn't come naturally to me. Does that make it right? No, but it is what it is.
9. I am a miscarriage survivor.
- When I look back at things that shaped my outlook on life, losing two babies before we had Grace was definitely one of them. Getting pregnant is easy...staying that way not so much for us at least.
10. I am a reader.
- When filling out the 14pg (no joke) application to work at IDA I had to list the books I read that year. I gave up at 48. Funny thing now that I teach I don't have time...
11. I am a crafter.
- I LOVE all things crafty and my mind is constantly running with ideas for new and fun things to try.
Now what do I want to be?
I want to be...
- Someone that is completely and utterly sold out for God and my family.
- Someone who takes the time to invest in people not things.
- Someone who is more concerned with making memories than cleaning messes.
- Someone who loves deeply and holds closely.
- Someone who enjoys the journey instead of focusing on the destination.
- Someone who sees the good instead of only the bad.
- Someone who embraces what life throws my way and comes out better for it.
Looks like my to do list just got longer ha!!!!