Tuesday, May 10, 2011

ALL IN


I LOVE our school, not just like but seriously LOVE the kids, the staff, the curriculum...
One of my favorite things of all though is chapel.  It sounds a bit trite I know but our kids adore chapel and our staff puts that much more effort in because of it.  This semester alone we have been visited by J. Hudson Taylor, Queen Esther, Gladyss Alyward, and King Xerxes.  So when it came time for me to present I struggled with how exactly I was going to portray George Muller. 

In the end I decided not to even try but instead arrived as his wife to tell of his unshakeable faith and the amazing works that were completed through him.  The kids thought it hysterical and my littles made everyone laugh when they later announced that they had known it was me all along.  But most importantly we were all challenged or at least I was Muller's consistent prayer life and his belief that God would answer the prayer if it first was spoken. 

So many times I fail to take things to the Lord because, well, He already knows and well it doesn't really matter anyway so what's the point.  Where is the faith in that?  I must pray fully trusting and completely believing that God will hear my prayers and attend to my needs.  I must learn to be ALL IN.

No comments:

Post a Comment