Thursday, September 1, 2011

Accent Vlog!!

After Faith needed pictures for a class project and I took a stroll down memory lane via the blog I realized how much I have missed it.  So I am jumping back in with the Accent Vlog that many of you have seen floating around.  I actually ended up turning the concept into an experiment for my rhetoric class and even my high schoolers got a kick out of it.  Clicker for remote?  Really?!?

I should preface the video by saying that the words stressed are contentions in our household ;)  My husband is from Georgia and I am from New Mexico so there are a couple of things that we don't agree on when it comes to verbage!  The most interesting part is trying to figure out who our daughters will end up siding with in the debate. 

ENJOY!!!
(Has anyone else noticed that regardless of how composed you are the screen shot still makes you look like a dork?  Just wondering...)



The instructions are to say these words: 
Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

And answer these questions: 



  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?








  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?









  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?









  • What do you call gym shoes?









  • What do you say to address a group of people?









  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?









  • What do you call your grandparents?









  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?









  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?









  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?



  • 3 comments:

    1. That's totally cute! Interesting study!

      My answers to the questions are:

      A Misdemeanor;

      A rolie-polie;

      Coke;

      shoes;

      WAHZZZZZZZZZZup??? No, just kidding, "Hey!" I think does it.

      Dead;

      Grandma and Grandpa;

      a cart;

      Does it really do that?

      I AM NOT ALLOWED TO CHANGE THE CHANNEL.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I have to tell you... Jordan and I were watching your video and after he told me that some people call rain and sun at the same time "The Devil Beating his Wife," he asked me, "Who is that girl?" I just stared at him... He tried to fix it by saying your hair looked different but I didn't let him off the hook!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Sarah that is too funny! Tell Jordan that's just not right ;) I miss your face, did you get my message?

      ReplyDelete