Saturday, February 12, 2011

ADVENTUROUS


I don't about anyone else but my hubs is less than adventurous when it comes to culinary excursions.  I mean seriously, the man could exist on chicken fingers and bacon cheeseburgers for THE REST of his life.  I on the other hand am getting quite tired of the same ole same and am ready to branch out.  I stumbled upon Our Best Bites while surfing blogs and loved the easy recipes with step by step pictures!  Since I was flying solo tonight I decided to try the lemon-herb zucchini fettucine.

I should tell you that I despise doing the dishes.  It totally bums me out to spend more time cleaning up than I did cooking so typically I have a two pot rule.  Let's just say that doesn't quite work for this recipe.  My final count was 13...on one meal! 


The recipe is actually VERY easy and one thing that I loved about it is that I could cook the chicken beforehand cutting down my cook down considerably.  I did have to laugh after I burnt my garlic to a lovely crispy brown exactly like the recipe tells you NOT to do!  I turned down the gas and the then started working on something else while waiting for my water to boil.  Five minutes later when the water still wasn't boiling and the garlic was black I realized that I had turned down the wrong burner!!  OOPS!  That's what I get for using more than two pots!


Other than that things went smoothly and the end result was terrific!  Definately a keeper.  Next time I will reduce the amount of oil because it was a bit much for me and add some more zucchini but overall I am sold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment