Monday, February 28, 2011

SISTERS


Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there.
-- Amy Li

I have an older brother and although we are now the best of friends we used to be...well let's just say not.  I broke his nose, he put my head through a window, you get the picture.  And even though I wouldn't trade him for the world because he is quite possibly one of the coolest guys I know I always wondered what it would be like to have a sister.  Someone to talk about boys and movies, hair and make-up, someone to stay up late with just to stay up late.

One of my biggest daily blessings is watching our girls interact.  Don't get me wrong they fight, OH do they fight.  I probably hear "Grace...Mommy Grace" or "FAITH!" at least a hundred times a day but when they play, their laughter fills our entire house.  Sometimes the hubs and I just sit down and listen as they pretend to be princesses awaiting their prince or as they travel to Africa (Grace has a wild imagination) with their babies on their backs. 

Grace is the typical first born and acts as the ring leader of their escapades.  Faith is just so happy to be with her sister that she willingly plays the part of the minnion.  Grace is the conspirator, Faith is the comforter and although I am well aware that those two roles will swap over the years I love it right now.  Because to Faith a sippy cup, fixes EVERYTHING. 

I think most of all I just thankful that they have...each other.
SISTERS

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you started a second blog! Your girls are too cute, and I love their tutus.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Crystal! It's been fun to be back at it but the thing I love the most are the pics I have of the girls. They are PRICELESS.

    ReplyDelete