Saturday, February 26, 2011

LOST

Yesterday we almost lost this girl...


...as rough as the morning started, the afternoon was even worse leaving me literally shaking.  The hubs dropped Faith off at my school like every other day and although I am extremely diligent when it comes to the child and stairs I dropped my guard for one second.  In that one second Faith tumbled head over heels down an entire flight of stairs.  I felt like my heart was being ripped from my chest as I watched her fall.  It was one of those moments that seemed to take FOREVER yet still I couldn't force my body to move.  Instead all I could do was stand and stare in disbelief. 

As I picked up her little body off of the floor the words that I had written just hours before flashed through my mind.  One more day...  Never before was I so thankful to hear her screams and as she clung to me and I clung back I fought to keep the tears at bay.  She was okay and it was only by God grace.

Last night as I held her in my lap and breathed in the sweet little girl smell I began to think about how different things could have been.  Would I have still been thankful?  Would I have still been praising God for His goodness?  I hope that I would but as I struggled to even put Faith in her own bed I had to wonder.  I guess I still am wondering today but as of right now I am just so thankful that I don't have to find out. 

So hug your kids and kiss your spouse because we don't ever know when the mundane will be something we can no longer attain.

"Remember that my life is a but a breath..." Job 7:7


Thank you Lord for ONE MORE.

No comments:

Post a Comment