Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Awk2theWard Wednesday

The hubs is starting to worry, he says I have a problem, I told him it's not big deal.  He said I was in denial, I told him that's a river in Egypt. 

You see I follow blogs like he follows sports and one of my favs at the moment is Buggie and Jellybean.  Her take on life is hilarious and what mom doesn't have those AWKWARD moments.  So this week I thought that I would play along, feel free to laugh believe me I did.  (Not in front of Grace of course ;))

-Thursday evening the girls and I met the hubs for dinner.  Everything is going great until a group of 5 or 6 teenagers walk in.  They were rocking the emo look, you know the one that looks like a cross between 80's punk and 90's grunge.  Grace sees one guy in particular, who's face was completely obscurred by his bangs, and says quite loudly "MAN, that guy looks WEIRD!"  Nice.

-Oh and then there was Friday morning when we were standing in line at Wal-Mart.  "Mom!" she states in an exaggerated whisper.  "No" I quickly reply because I can tell that something she is about to go somewhere she shouldn't.  "Mom!  Did you see that lady?  She looks like Ms. Hannigan!"  "Grace, she does not!"  "Uh, huh!  She has curly hair and everything!" And of course the lady she was referring to was in fact our cashier.  The ONLY one open.

-This one wasn't ackward but it was funny.  I teach kindergarten and on Monday one of my students came up to me and said "Mrs. Cooler guess what?"  I played along, asked what, and this is what he said.  "YOU, should NOT sniff paint.  Do you know why you should not sniff paint?  Because if you do, you will turn into...A VEGETABLE!"  Trying not to laugh I asked him "Oh really what kind?"  "A carrot!" 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my thank you for a good laugh! I needed it. See I give a little and you give a little back, I love how life works in that way. I have been wanting to make the awkward post a linky party, and this just sealed the deal! Look out next week for a link, and then others can come laugh at you, I mean with you!

    Thanks for the bloggie lovin!
    amy
    Smooches.

    ReplyDelete