Friday, March 18, 2011

SWITCH

Switch it, change it, let's rearrange it!
Can you tell I used to be a cheerleader?  Yeah, that was three years of my life that I can't get back but I did make some good friends and learned some great lessons (like don't let you babies grow up to be cheerleaders).  Anyway, one of my favorite spaces in our home is our picture wall.  I love being able to display pics of the girls and while not feeling like I have a shrine. 

Our not so new prints (taken last July just now ordered) arrived and it was time to switch the others out.

Here is the before...

...and the after.

Actually everything except for the wedding pic of the hubs and I has been changed out in the past three weeks but I didn't take a pic of the true before.  As always though I dread taking down the old even if I love the new because then what do I do with them?  I hate to trash them but I also can't have 74 pictures on the walls of our home without being institutionalized.  What do you do?  Any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. I keep binders. One for the family pictures I take down and one for each of the kids. One day I can just give them the binder with all their old pictures in them.its fun to flip through the family one to see how we have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. It would look awkward with so many pics on the wall but I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know I am not alone! That's a great idea Amy I have just been leaving them in the frames behind the new ones. Then I found out my mom does the same thing! Ha ha must be genetics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love "that's three years of my life I'll never get back ..." :)

    Your blog is beautiful. I look forward to following you for more!

    ReplyDelete