Tuesday, March 15, 2011

BREAK IT DOWN

For the past eighteen months my hobby has taken over our home.  Fabric, thread, needles, and scraps could be found in every empty nook and cranny and boy do I mean EVERY.  So when I brought up the possibility of consolidating all of my "wares" and setting up a designated space the hubs got excited and said that he would even help! 

 After the "Behemoth" was sent away I was bummed.  I was on a tight budget for the space and had already invested $75 into something we sent to the dump and I had a "vision."  You know...when you get this perfect picture in your head of the perfect space.  Anyway when the hubs told me they were getting rid of all of the office furniture at the tower and that I could have my pick I wasn't exactly thrilled.  I mean yeah it was free but it wasn't what I had in mind.  Still I went and came away with these...

Yep, three cabinets, 9 foot of counter space, and a whole lot of UGLY.  The man seriously couldn't believe that I wasn't just going to leave them as they were.  Really?  I couldn't create in something so...sterile.  ICK!

And after 3 yards of fabric and 3 cans of fusion spray paint I now have this!  SQUEEE!

I was really thinking turquoise and pink (can't tell I am in love with that color combo right?) but when I was walking out the door to go search for fabric I saw this on my counter

and started envisioning a much sleeker look. 

So let's break it down, because this ENTIRE project, accessories included, cost only 90 dollars!

Cabinets and Tops: FREE
3 Cans of Black Fusion Spray Paint: $15
2 Yards of Home Decor Fabric: $12
1 Yard of Coordinating Fabric: $8
6'x3' sheet of plexiglass: $50
Mason Jars: $1 a piece so $5
Sundae Cup: FREE (Stole it from the kitchen)
Hutch: FREE (Repurposed from Faith's room)
Slatted Board: FREE (this is actually the front railing of our old crib)
Frames: FREE (found them in a closet while cleaning. SCORE!)

Isn't God amazing?  Even in the seemingly small things He provides beyond our wildest imaginations.  Sewing had become something I despised because of the massive effort it was and now everything is in one FABULOUS place.  See for yourself...

Even the insides of the drawers are pretty.  The hubs thinks I am crazy because no one will ever see it. 
But I know its there and that's all that matters!  Plus now all of you have too!

It took me five hours to find and sort through all of the fabric in the house.  YOWZAH!

My name is Bethany and I have a problem.  I am addicted to FABRIC!










Cheap but still WAY cute!
Framing fabric is a very inexpensive way to add pop to any room!
Plus I can change it out whenever I want to.


Amy was right, painting mason jars is addicting. 
And they worked perfectly to house all of the odds and ends that come with the hobby.

 

And a sundae cup was the perfect vessel to hold all of the "littles."
I have tons of odd colors that I will never need a whole spool of and now I can see them all!

LOVE!


1 comment:

  1. GREAT JOB! Found you through the tatertots & jello blog. Congrats on a new craft setup :o)

    ReplyDelete