Sunday, March 13, 2011

PARTY

We celebrated my mom's birthday this weekend and we did it up right! 
We had all of her favorites, lasgagna, green chile enchiladas, and german chocolate cake. 

Not just regular 'ole german chocolate cake, we had german chocolate cupcakes!

 Of course Grace served as the kitchen help.  I actually had a video of her introducing her own cooking show but as always my camera has decided to hold it hostage.  Nice huh?

Anyway, I couldn't find a recipe that I found appealing for german chocolate cupcakes so we just winged it and ended up with these. 

After baking the cupcakes we cored them
and filled them with pecan, coconut icing and then dipped them in a bittersweet ganache.  A sprinkle of sea salt finished them off and they were AMAZING!  Oh yeah, side note, my pan is not dirty it's just ancient.  It was my grandma's and seeing as it was my mom's birthday I thought it was the perfect time to pull it out.

Somehow the night went by without any pictures of my mom and the girls. 
 I am going to have to work on that!  So I went back and found an oldie but goodie! 
 HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment