Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Awk2theWard Wednesday {March 9}



That's right, I am at it again, linking up with Amy over at Buggie and Jellybean for Awk2theWard Wednesday.  In my defense I have had one of those weeks where the awkwardness has dominated so I may as well play it up right?

-Thursday Grace and I are standing outside of school with her friend M waiting for all of the parents.  I have a chapstick holder on my keys so I pull out my LipSmacker (yes the kind you used when you were twelve) and a debate ensues over whether the character on it is Hello Kitty.  After a couple of minutes Grace looks at it and goes "Oh, it's not Hello Kitty.  It's me!  An angel!" 
 RIGHT in front of the parents who have JUST arrived. 

-Last Friday the hubs and I had a date night.  While waiting in the car for him to finish a quick errand I see...


REALLY?!?!
What made it totally awkward though was when the guy got into the van. 
Real top half + painted bottom half = AWKWARD
Plus he totally knew I was laughing, who wouldn't?  I felt bad...but just a little.

-Saturday at breakfast we ended up needed an extra set of silverware so I asked Grace to run and tell her dad.  She came back and informed me that "Dad just looked at me like this..." with a slightly irritated glare.  So not thinking anything of it I mumbled "Ok, whatever" to which Grace replies "Alright!  I will go tell him you said WHATEVER!"  As I reach out to stop her I look to the right and who do I see?  One of my littles and her family (grandparents included) looking back at me!

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff! Thanks for the laugh this morning. I love the "whatever" story sounds like our house!!


    xoxo
    amy

    ReplyDelete