Thursday, March 17, 2011

CREATE


Although this little girl looks nothing like me she acts just like her mother. 
Which at times is fabulous, for instance one day she kept saying "hate" and I informed her that we won't use that word in our house.  As she walked away I thought to myself "Man, if that was me I would so be saying "Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate" under by breath."  And what do you think I happened to see when I looked up?  A little girl rocking her head back and forth going "Hate, hate, hate, hate, hate." 
 See if she wasn't so much like me I would have never known to watch her ;)  

But sometimes our perfectionist personalities clash and our relationship suffers.  It's sounds horrible but I am counting down the days til she moves up and is no longer in my class.  Don't get me wrong I am seriously going to miss the child, I love having her around!  But if it's this hard to be mom and teacher how hard must it be for her to be student and daughter?

So today we just played.  I went and purchased some inexpensive canvases (4.25 for three) and let her loose to CREATE.  I think that the pictures tell more than words ever could. 





Grace's canvas looked this...

And then this after she created a bridge for the leprechauns to go over to reach the rainbow (???) and turned everything brown.  I had to smooth out all of the paint and then just let her go at it again.  She was thrilled.

Her finished canvas.  The girl would have gone on all night but I told her she had to be done when her daddy was done watering.

Painted face...

and hands and feet=

an afternoon that can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment