Saturday, January 15, 2011

REAL


As the idea of blogging about our journey became more concrete several things became clear to me. 
1.  If I was going to do this I was going to have to be REAL.
2.  That even when I didn't want to I was going to have to.
3.  This could NOT become about me.
Each of these statements is relatively simple when contemplated alone.  However, when placed together...they become downright intimitading!  That being said each one rings true as I write this post.  Especially the one about being REAL (otherwise there is no way I would be putting up a picture were I wasn't wearing any makeup)!
 

Little did we know that we would have the pleasure of entertaining Belle and Cinderella this evening!  Both "princesses" were a joy to be around and we discovered that each one closely resembled our own girls.  They spent the night as all true royalty would...eating pizza and watching the Falcons game.   (Sorry hun!)  After their gourmet meal was complete and the servants (ie. the hubs and myself) cleaned up their mess we set about the business of play. 

The man had to work all last night so this morning we met for breakfast and afterwards he went to bed and I hauled the girls all over town hoping that he might be able to sleep if we weren't there.  We ended up being out for over 4 hours and I have to admit that I wasn't reallly feeling the whole "play" thing tonight.  I asked Belle  what she wanted to do (selfishly hoping she would say go to bed even though it was only 6pm) and she decided on coloring. 



Two arguments between the sisters, one broken pencil sharpener, and almost 40 minutes later the masterpiece was complete.  And I have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed myself.  Belle was in rare form and informed me that her favorite part of the day was "Being able to hang out with the family,"  that the best part of school is "Recess" and that "Sometimes people just have to be yellow" ;).  She also divulged the names of the fairies we were coloring....Purple Flower, Sugar Cupcake, Blue Water, and Love Puppy. 


All I can say is that their momma's must have had one heck of an epidural!

No comments:

Post a Comment