Friday, January 28, 2011

THANKFUL

I am currently reading "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp as part of the Bloom online book club.  The book was far different than anticipated and after struggling through the first two chapters I am now hooked.  The primary focus of the book is the discovery of a "thanks" filled life.  It has really made me evaluate my daily attitude and I was saddened to realize that instead of focusing on the gifts that God has given me I was honing in on the imperfections of my life.  But we should not expect a perfect life for we live in a fallen world, a world filled with ingratitude and I want to be different...

When I am tired and frustrated that I have to get out of bed....
I will be thankful that I can.

When I the hubs is working and I am running the house by myself...
I will be thankful that he has a job that provides for our family.

When the girls are fighting and I want to cry...
I will be thankful that God entrusted them to me.

When it has been a such a "day"at school that we ran out of worms...
I will be thankful that I have the opportunity to spend my days investing in the lives of children.

When I am upset over spilled milk...
I will be thankful that we have milk to spill.
.
When my heart is burdened for my friends as they struggle with difficult news...
I will be thankful that my God is BIG, bigger than any sickness or diagnosis.
.
When I am just me....
I WILL BE THANKFUL

No comments:

Post a Comment